Child, Adolescent & Adult Psychologist / Counsellor
Areas of Specialisation: Fareena is extremely passionate about working therapeutically with children, young people and adults to assist them to overcome their challenges, and does so with professionalism and enthusiasm. She takes a patient-centred approach to therapy, employing methods including CBT and Solution-Focused Therapy.
Fareena’s particular area of expertise is working with children and adolescents presenting with a range of issues including depression, anxiety, school refusal, emotional issues, trauma, self-harm, attachment issues, ASD & attention difficulties, self-esteem issues and OCD. She works closely and empathetically with the child and the family to achieve results and reinforce positive behaviours.
Professional Qualifications and Registrations:
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology with Criminology from the University of Sunderland, UK
- Doctorate in Counselling Psychology from the University of Teesside, UK
- Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling from Tyne Metropolitan College, UK
- Certificate in Therapeutic Skills with Children & Families, Northern Guild for Psychotherapy, UK
- HCPC Registered and BPS Chartered Counselling Psychologist in the UK
Previous Experience: Since achieving her Doctorate in 2011, Fareena spent many years working as a Counselling Psychologist in the Children & Adolescent Mental Health department in the Tees, Esk & Wear Valley region in the National Health Service in the UK. This has given her experience of treating children with a range of ages and severity of their condition. She has also worked with adults as a High Intensity Practitioner in the NHS Talking Therapies service, in Primary Care services in the community and as a Student Services Counselling Psychologist at Durham University as well as with asylum seekers and refugees from a range of backgrounds.