Child, Adolescent & Adult Psychologist / Counsellor
Areas of Specialisation: Sandra works with many populations including children, adolescents and adults. She specialises in behavioural and emotional disorders including anxiety, depression and stress. She also provides treatment for ADHD, autism spectrum disorder, trauma, adjustment issues, chronic pain and fatigue. She has trained extensively in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, and employs other approaches such as EMDR, Acceptance & Commitment Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Schematherapy.
Professional Qualifications and Registrations:
- Bachelors Degree in Psychology from University of Leiden, Netherlands
- Masters Degree in Developmental Psychology from University of Leiden, Netherlands
- Post Graduate qualification in Clinical Psychotherapy (4 years),
Dutch Society of Cognitive Behavioral Therapy
- Licensed Healthcare Psychologist with Dutch Healthcare Professions Council
- Licensed Psychotherapist with Dutch Healthcare Professions Council
Previous Experience: Sandra has been working as a Psychologist for over 25 years in Holland, the US and the UK. She has worked in many different settings including private or community clinics and hospitals as a Clinical Psychologist, special needs centres as a Developmental Psychologist, companies as a Workplace Psychologist and universities as a Research Psychologist. Most recently she was working in an international medical centre in The Netherlands, where she set up and managed their Child & Adolescent mental health team. At the same time, she was also working as a Senior Psychologist in an Occupational Health service with corporate employees to promote well-being in the workplace and combat stress, anxiety and depression.